AcademyHealth’s Global Health and Health Care Interest Group is a network to connect researchers, practitioners, policymakers, and trainees interested in health services and systems research (HSR) in a global context.
AcademyHealth’s Global Health and Health Care Interest Group is a network to connect researchers, practitioners, policymakers, and trainees interested in health services and systems research (HSR) in a global context. The Group’s mission is to foster the global development, dissemination, and use of HSR to improve the quality, efficiency, effectiveness, and outcomes of care and the health status and quality of life globally. This mission is aligned to contributing to the accelerated attainment of the global 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) targets for 2030.
- Increase the engagement of health services and systems researchers based outside the United States in AcademyHealth meetings and other collaborative activities
- Encourage and promote joint learning opportunities and exchange of information on research methods and innovations
- Promote the use of rigorous HSR methods in addressing health and healthcare issues around the globe
- Support the development of a diverse, well-trained, and experienced HSR workforce globally
- Create opportunities for international collaboration in the dissemination and implementation of HSR for health policy and practice.
Each Interest Group (IG) is led by a dedicated group of volunteers who shape the information provided to IG members each year. The Advisory Committee is selected on an annual basis with nominations opening in June of each year. Check out this year’s Global Health and Health Care IG Advisory Committee.
Join this Interest Group
Interest group participation is a benefit of AcademyHealth membership. For more information on how to get involved, please contact the Membership Department: firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-members can join the IG listserv to receive updates and event announcements.
Connect with us! #AHGlobalIG