The AcademyHealth Diversity Scholars Network provides travel and registration support for five scholars to attend the Annual Research Meeting (ARM), pre-ARM Methods Workshops, and an Interest Group (IG) Pre-Conference Session of the scholar's choice. The goal of the Network is to support the professional development of underrepresented racial/ethnic minority groups in the field of health services research (HSR). Mentoring is a core component of the Network.
- Current full-time or part-time, graduate-level students; post-doctoral fellows; or clinical fellows
- Member of an underrepresented racial/ethnic minority group*
- Availability to attend the ARM and pre-conference activities on the specified dates.
- U.S. Citizen
To apply, applicants must upload and submit the following materials to the online application system:
- A completed online application form, including in the submission:
- Current Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Interest (500 words max). The essay should address your personal learning objectives, demonstrated interest in the field of HSR and/or disparities research; and past or current research/work related to HSR. The essay should also show a clear connection between your stated learning objectives and professional goals and your interest in attending the ARM. We strongly suggest that you write the essay out in a Word document and then copy and paste it into the form.
- Supporting documentation, including:
- If applicable, documentation of student status (e.g. scanned copy of student ID, departmental letter)
- Signed letter of recommendation from your faculty advisor or work supervisor on official letterhead
The 2019 application cycle is now closed.
*AcademyHealth defines underrepresented racial/ethnic minorities in the field of HSR as the following groups: Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian/Alaska Native, Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders. This definition is consistent with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).