Dr. Veazie is Chief of the Division of Health Policy and Outcomes Research, and Director of the Health Service... Read Bio
The Methods and Data Council is currently Chaired by Dr. Peter Veazie from the University of Rochester and Vice Chaired by Dr. Rashida Dorsey from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. The Methods and Data Council is comprised of 25 members representing the multiple disciplinary perspectives in health services and policy research. The Methods and Data Council meets twice per year, in the summer at the Annual Research Meeting, and in the fall via a web-based meeting.
The Methods and Data Council has seven primary responsibilities:
- Assist AcademyHealth in identifying trends, opportunities, challenges and needs related to existing and emerging methods used in HSR as well as in data collection, quality, security, storage, curation, availability and accessibility for research.
- Assist AcademyHealth in developing strategies, programs and services, thought leadership, guidance and community and professional development in methods and data in HSR;
- Provide guidance to planning committees on emerging and relevant methods and data offerings at the ARM and other relevant AcademyHealth sponsored conferences (e.g. the Health Datapalooza);
- Provide input to the AcademyHealth Committee on Advocacy and Public Policy to inform the development of AcademyHealth’s official public comments;
- Provide guidance and relevant content for materials developed to educate and train HSR professionals in the most current data and methods;
- Promote dissemination and shared learning, including via eGEMs; and
- Provide guidance on AcademyHealth projects and activities on an ad hoc basis
Learn more about the 2019 Methods and Data Council members here.