The Outstanding Dissertation Award recognizes an outstanding scientific contribution from a doctoral thesis in health services research or health policy in 2017. Judging by the innovative research, this doctoral candidate shows exceptional promise as a health services researcher.
The Outstanding Dissertation Award is presented each June at the AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting.
Eligibility and Nomination Criteria:
- Nominations must include a copy of the dissertation.
- Nominations must include a letter of endorsement from the nominee's mentor, who may also be the nominator.
- A synopsis of the dissertation (no longer than two pages).
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominees must be members of AcademyHealth
- Importance of topic
- Quantity, Breadth, and Quality of Research
- Importance of Policy Implications of Results
- Promise as a HSR’er