As a non-partisan organization and a purveyor of evidence, AcademyHealth focuses its advocacy exclusively in science policy, which relates to the conduct of science and the issues associated with the research enterprise itself.
For the 115th Congress, AcademyHealth’s advocacy priorities fall under two buckets:
- Building a Robust Environment to Produce Health Services Research
- Enhancing the Dissemination and Use of Health Services Research
AcademyHealth strives to fulfill these priorities by advocating for: federal funding for research and the infrastructure (including the data, methods, and people) needed to produce it, policies that encourage – and do not unnecessarily restrict – the production of health services research, and policies that enhance the quality, availability, timeliness, and affordability of data and tools used to produce research.
We work year-round to track and monitor legislation of interest to our members and the health research community, more broadly. Working with our Committee on Advocacy and Public Policy, a standing committee of the Board of Directors, and relevant experts within our membership, AcademyHealth regularly reviews advocacy priorities and activities, taking into consideration the expressed needs of our members as well as the evolving science and data policy environment.
Hot Topics & Latest News
- Help AcademyHealth Fight for Health Services Research in Washington
- Congressman Beyer 'Dear Colleague' letter on AHRQ
- #SaveAHRQ Advocacy Toolkit
- AcademyHealth Submits Comments to SAMHSA on 42 CFR Part 2 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- AcademyHealth's Common Rule Comments
Become an Advocate
- Find Your Representative
- Find Your Senators
- Today’s House Schedule
- Today’s Senate Schedule
- Tips for Writing to Legislators