The Article-of-the-Year Award recognizes the best and most relevant peer-reviewed, scientific work that the fields of health services research and health policy have produced and published in the prior calendar year. Articles may present, analyze, and comment on new data, or may synthesize and analyze data that have already been collected.
The Article-of-the-Year Award is presented each June at the AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting.
Eligibility and Nomination Criteria:
- While most entries will consist of a single article, collections of articles resulting from a single study are also eligible for the award.
- Special consideration will be given to articles that produce new insights and have the potential to change current thinking.
- Articles must have been published in a peer-reviewed journal between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
- Nominations must include a copy of the article(s).
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominees must be members of AcademyHealth.
- Articles will be scored on importance of key issue/focus, advancement of knowledge in the field, new insights and relevance to current issues in healthcare and health policy.
- How important is the key health services research or health policy issue of the article?
- Does the article advance knowledge of the field?
- Does the article provide new insights into the field?
- Is it likely to inform decision making?