The Alice S. Hersh New Investigator Award recognizes scholars early in their careers as health services researchers who show exceptional promise for future contributions. This award commemorates the dedication of Alice Hersh to supporting the next generation of health services researchers. Ms. Hersh was the founding executive director of the Association for Health Services Research. The award is presented each year at the AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting.
Eligibility and Nominations Instructions:
- Nominees' first research appointments were no earlier than January 1, 2010. (Post-doctoral positions will be considered research appointments unless these years provided training necessary for entry into the field and the eligibility period may be extended for a nominee who has taken a formal leave of absence from their employer.)
- Nominees from academic and non-academic institutions are encouraged.
- Nominations must include one letter of nomination (no more than two pages) that reviews the nominee's contribution to the field and specifies the date of the nominee's first research appointment.
- Nominations must include the nominees' curriculum vitae.
- Self-nominations are accepted. Nominators must be members of AcademyHealth.
To better serve our community of expert health services researchers, we recently updated this award criteria:
- Demonstrates a high quality of research;
- Demonstrates a developing portfolio of research with an emerging and significant contribution to the field of HSR;
- Demonstrates leadership ability among peers and colleagues, including mentorship for those new to the field; and
- Demonstrates commitment to translation of research into policy and practice.
The Alice S. Hersh New Investigator receives a $2,500 prize from the Alice S. Hersh Memorial Fund. This Award is presented each June at the AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 17 at 5:00 p.m. ET
For awards related questions, please contact JulieAnn Rudolph or call 202.292.6790