The Article-of-the-Year Award recognizes the best scientific work that the fields of health services research and health policy have produced and published. Using either qualitative or quantitative techniques, articles may present, analyze, and comment on new data, or may synthesize and analyze data that have already been collected.
Eligibility and Criteria:
- While most entries will consist of a single article, collections of articles resulting from a single study are also eligible for the award.
- Special consideration will be given to articles that produce new insights and have the potential to change current thinking.
- Articles must have been published in a peer-reviewed journal between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.
- Nominations must include a copy of the article(s).
- Self-nominations are accepted. Nominators must be members of AcademyHealth.
- Articles will be scored on importance of key issue/focus, advancement of knowledge in the field, and new insights.
The Article-of-the-Year Award is presented each June at the AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting.
For awards related questions, please contact JulieAnn Rudolph or call 202.292.6790