The AcademyHealth New Investigator Small Grant Program includes:
A $10,000 award* (there are up to six (6) $10,000 awards on a variety of topics)
- Three on any health services research topics funded by AcademyHealth
- One $10,000 award from the Altarum Institute
- One $10,000 award from Association for Community Affiliated Plans
- One $10,000 award from the March of Dimes
*Note: At the time of award distribution, the grant award will be processed through an institution (as a subcontract).
Complimentary registration to the 2017 AcademyHealth National Health Policy Conference (NHPC) where the awardees will be announced. Travel and lodging for NHPC is not supported by this award.
Mentoring provided by AcademyHealth virtually and in-person at major meetings, including the 2017 NHPC, and 2017 & 2018 AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting (ARM). Travel and lodging for conferences are not supported by this award.
Presentation opportunity at the 2018 ARM. Awardee's institution must support the awardee's registration, travel, and lodging for the 2018 ARM.
Funds** may be used for:
- Any research-project that meets the project criteria;
- Data collection to support relevant research;
- Translation and dissemination of other research, such as a dissertation; and
- Leveraging the work of another study by examining some new aspect or adding a new translation and/or dissemination activity to the study. Funds may not be used to complete tasks that are included in another project's scope of work.
**Note: NISGP funds cannot be used to support travel to attend AcademyHealth conferences, including the 2017 NHPC,
and 2017 & 2018 ARM.