In order to accommodate the growing and diversifying health services research and health policy fields, the AcademyHealth Article-of-the-Year Award has undergone a review by leaders in the field. The new award, the Publication-of-the-Year Award recognizes the best and most relevant peer-reviewed, scientific work that the fields of health services research and health policy have produced and published in the prior calendar year. Publications may present, analyze, and comment on new data, or may synthesize and analyze data that have already been collected. Publications may include books, articles in academic publications, white papers or reports issued by researcher at institutions such as government agencies, non-profit think tanks, policy organizations or independent research companies. The award will be presented at the Annual Research Meeting and a representative of the publication team will receive complimentary registration and lodging for one night to the conference.
We are no longer accepting nominations for the Publication-of-the-Year Award.
Eligibility and Nomination Criteria
- While most entries will consist of a single publication, collections of publications resulting from a single study are also eligible for the award.
- Special consideration will be given to publications or books that produce new insights and have the potential to change current thinking.
- Publications must have been published between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
- Nominations must include a copy of the publication(s).
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominators must be members of AcademyHealth.
- Publications will be scored on importance of key issue/focus, advancement of knowledge in the field, new insights and relevance to current issues in healthcare and health policy.
- Publication represents important health services research or health policy issue
- Publication advances knowledge of the field
- Publication provide new insights into the field
- Publication is it likely to inform decision making
For awards related questions, please contact Troi Jones.