The Outstanding Dissertation Award recognizes an outstanding scientific contribution from a doctoral thesis in health services research or health policy in 2018. Judging by the innovative research, this doctoral candidate shows exceptional promise as a health services researcher. The award will be presented at the Annual Research Meeting and the winner will receive complimentary registration and one night lodging to attend the conference.
- Nominations Open: Late-January
- Nominations Close: Friday, March 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. ET
Eligibility and Nomination Criteria
- Nominations must include a copy of the dissertation
- Nominations must include a letter of endorsement from the nominee's mentor, who may also be the nominator
- A synopsis of the dissertation (no longer than two pages)
- If applicable, nominations must include a description of the funding source
- The effective date of the degree awarded, or the completion of doctoral degree requirements and dissertation, must be between December 1, 2017 to January 1, 2019.
- Self-nominations are accepted
- Nominees and nominators must be members of AcademyHealth
- Importance of topic
- Quantity, Breadth, and Quality of Research
- Importance of Policy Implications of Results
- Promise as a HSR’er
For awards related questions, please contact Amy Hammer.