The Outstanding Dissertation Award recognizes an outstanding scientific contribution from a doctoral thesis in health services research or health policy in 2019. Judging by the innovative research, this doctoral candidate shows exceptional promise as a health services researcher. The award will be presented at the Annual Research Meeting and the winner will receive complimentary registration and one night lodging to attend the conference.
The nomination period is closed.
Eligibility and Nomination Criteria
- Nominations must include a copy of the dissertation.
- Nominations must include a letter of endorsement from the nominee's mentor, who may also be the nominator.
- A synopsis of the dissertation (no longer than two pages).
- If applicable, nominations must include a description of the funding source.
- The effective date of the degree awarded, or the completion of doctoral degree requirements and dissertation, must be between December 1, 2018 to January 1, 2020.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominees and nominators must be members of AcademyHealth.
- Importance of topic
- Quantity, Breadth, and Quality of Research
- Importance of Policy Implications of Results
- Promise as a HSR’er
For awards related questions, please contact Troi Jones.