The Outstanding Dissertation Award recognizes an outstanding scientific contribution from a doctoral thesis in health services research or health policy in 2019. Judging by the innovative research, this doctoral candidate shows exceptional promise as a health services researcher. The award will be presented at the Annual Research Meeting and the winner will receive complimentary registration and one night lodging to attend the conference.
Nomination Deadline: March 16, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
Eligibility and Nomination Criteria
- Nominations must include a copy of the dissertation.
- Nominations must include a letter of endorsement from the nominee's mentor, who may also be the nominator.
- A synopsis of the dissertation (no longer than two pages).
- If applicable, nominations must include a description of the funding source.
- The effective date of the degree awarded, or the completion of doctoral degree requirements and dissertation, must be between December 1, 2018 to January 1, 2020.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominees and nominators must be members of AcademyHealth.
- Importance of topic
- Quantity, Breadth, and Quality of Research
- Importance of Policy Implications of Results
- Promise as a HSR’er
For awards related questions, please contact Troi Jones.