Starting a Student Chapter:
Initiating a student chapter at an accredited college or university is free. Use the following resources to start a chapter at your school. Typically, a student chapter is composed of an elected leadership of students, a faculty advisor, and students enrolled in multidisciplinary programs related to health services research and/or health policy. Each student chapter is expected to establish and uphold bylaws and activities for the academic year. Contact the membership team with any questions, or call 202-292-6700.
- Chapter Application
- Requirements and Guidelines
- Model Student Bylaws
- Individual Membership Information
- Annual Report
To get the most out of your membership, AcademyHealth encourages you to get involved, take action, and make a difference.
AcademyHealth provides students with professional development programs that help them stay abreast of the latest trends, learn from experts, attend conferences, and prepare for professions in health services research and policy.
- Employment Opportunities
- Funding Opportunities
- Training Directory
- Alice S. Hersh Student Scholarship
- AcademyHealth Diversity Scholars Network
- Presidential Scholarship for the AcademyHealth Institute on Advocacy and Public Policy
- Systems Science Scholarship
- NCHS/AcademyHealth Health Policy Fellowship
- The Delivery System Science Fellowship
- NCI/AcademyHealth Healthcare Delivery Research Visiting Scholars Programs
- Population Health Scholarship
Conferences and Events:
AcademyHealth offers discount registration fees for student members. By attending AcademyHealth annual meetings, students have the unique opportunity to network with professionals from a wide range of careers in health services research and policy, and to learn about the latest news and research from the field.
If you have any questions, email AcademyHealth Membership Engagement Manager Richard Carson.