AcademyHealth, a leading national organization serving the fields of health services and policy research, is currently seeking a Senior Associate to provide staff support to a variety of projects related to the development and synthesis of new knowledge, and the dissemination of results to key audiences. Particular areas of interest include: health information technology and data policy, patient centered outcomes research, patient registries, population health, social determinants of health, and other areas as necessary.
- Conduct evidence reviews and qualitative analyses using online databases and synthesizing findings to produce issue briefs, summaries, white papers, reports, and blogs.
- Assist in the development of new programs and projects, including drafting proposals, and helping to cultivate client and funder relationships.
- Lead project management efforts, including tracking and managing work plan activities, timelines, and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders, including virtual communities of practice.
- Develop and apply substantive research-based knowledge of health care delivery, health policy, and population health in preparing program deliverables.
- Support project staff with activities including conference calls, webinars, in-person meetings, including presenter coordination and material preparation.
- Develop and apply substantive knowledge of delivery system reform, comparative effectiveness and patient centered outcomes research, health IT and data policy, data sharing and data integration, and other relevant policy issues.
- Ensure quality control of all deliverables.
- Masters degree in health policy, public policy, public health, information science, informatics, or related field from accredited college or university.
- 3 - 5 years of substantive professional experience in health policy and/or health services research, including development of materials for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated familiarity with key health policy issues, and a curiosity to keep learning and deepening knowledge.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, including conducting literature reviews, evidence syntheses, and systematic reviews.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including data visualization skills.
- Strong organization and project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage complex, multi-task projects with limited direct supervision.
- Experience in making presentations and engaging in client-facing meetings.
- Mature, detail-oriented, able to work well under deadline pressure.
- Able to work independently on multiple tasks/projects in coordination with other internal and external project team members.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and data visualization software;
- Experience with collaboration platforms and social media platforms is highly desirable.
This is a Level 4 position. The salary range is $65,000 to $70,000.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, analytic writing sample and three references (with phone numbers) to Human Resources, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.
AcademyHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer: AcademyHealth will provide all applicants for employment and all employees with an equal opportunity regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, or place of business or residence.