AcademyHealth, the professional home and leading national organization for health services researchers, policymakers, and health care practitioners and stakeholders, is currently seeking a Research Assistant to provide administrative and content support to several initiatives.
In addition to administrative support, the Research Assistant will help to conduct literature reviews and portfolio analyses, summarize findings in a variety of products (e.g., memos), help coordinate meetings and communications, and generally support programmatic efforts for various teams.
The ideal candidate is motivated, curious, highly organized, flexible, a strong writer and eager to take on new challenges. Early career professionals with less than two years of experience in a health care policy or research setting are encouraged to apply.
- Provide administrative support including, scheduling meetings and conference calls, helping invited speakers and experts with travel and logistics, creating, updating, and maintaining organized files and records, and other related tasks.
- Provide logistical support for workshops, conferences, and Web conferences, including preparation and dissemination of materials, note taking at meetings, and development of meeting summaries.
- Conduct other administrative and research activities in support of AcademyHealth projects.
- Conduct and summarize library and Internet research.
- Assist in the synthesis of information and development of, reports, issue briefs and other written products.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with various stakeholders.
- Maintain and update project Web sites, online tools, and databases.
- Draft articles for online newsletters, blogs, and other Web content.
- Create and format tables, charts, presentations and other graphics.
- Conduct agenda development, presenter coordination, and materials preparation for small and large meetings and briefings.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required.
- 1 - 2 years of relevant work experience preferably in a health care policy or research setting.
- Professional interest in health policy, public policy, public health, or other health care issues.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage complex, multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Experience with balancing and supporting the administrative needs of multiple individuals.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in as needed do what it takes to provide high quality products and services.
- Mature, detail-oriented individual able to work both independently and in teams.
- Demonstrated experience using the Word suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This is a Level 2 position. The salary range is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, analytic writing sample and three references (with phone numbers) to Human Resources, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.
AcademyHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AcademyHealth will provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under the District of Columbia Human Rights Act or Federal Law. We ensure non-discriminatory practices in all matters relating to recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, and all treatment on the job.
Diversity is an integral part of our organizational culture. For that reason, we seek to maintain staff diversity at all levels; and to provide an inclusive environment that embraces and values diverse ideas, talents and experiences. We will demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, the differences within our personal, professional, and business relationships on behalf of AcademyHealth.