AcademyHealth, a leading national organization serving the fields of health services and policy research and the professionals who produce and use this important work, is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to provide administrative and organizational support on a wide variety of projects and activities. The incumbent will primarily support the Office of the President and the conferences team.
The successful candidate must be professional, resourceful, very organized, comfortable taking initiative and anticipating the needs of others. The incumbent must also be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, have exceptional customer service, communication, research, and multi-tasking skills; s/he will be expected to effectively collaborate with a variety of people, programs and organizations.
- Perform a wide range of administrative tasks, including scheduling internal and external meetings and conference calls; creating, updating, and maintaining organized files and records; processing invoices and expense reports; managing mailings; sorting and prioritizing incoming mail; and other related tasks.
- Provide support for meetings and conferences calls, including preparing and disseminating materials, drafting meeting minutes, and disseminating meeting summaries.
- Create and format tables, charts, presentation slides and other graphics.
- Maintain and update project Web sites, online tools, and databases.
- Provide logistical support for meeting and webinar activities, including drafting invites to meeting attendees and speakers, tracking RSVPs, coordinating travel and lodging arrangements for participants, preparing and disseminating materials, and other key meeting logistics.
- Assist with Committee and Board activities.
- Respond to inquiries and requests, including written, electronic and verbal communications.
- Provide support on a variety of projects ensuring all the administrative functions pertaining to the delivery of planned deliverables and activities are met.
- Conduct other research and administrative activities as needed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of two years administrative support experience, including managing executive calendars and coordinating travel.
- Experience anticipating, balancing, supporting and prioritizing the administrative needs of multiple individuals.
- Ability to effectively handle a rapid pace of activity and frequently changing priorities.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and web-based applications.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Enthusiastic, with a positive outlook and “can-do” attitude.
- Mature, detail-oriented individual able to work both independently and with a team.
- Must have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solver able to anticipate and solve problems independently.
- Must possess good judgment and discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Must possess the poise, capability and professionalism to work closely with high-level officials and their assistants in an environment requiring diplomacy and tact in managing interactions with internal and external clients.
- Professional interest in health care, health policy is desirable but not required.
This is a Level 2 position. The salary range is $40000 - $42,000.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references (including phone number and email address) to Human Resources, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.
AcademyHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer: AcademyHealth will provide all applicants for employment and all employees with an equal opportunity regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, or place of business or residence.
AcademyHealth is a leading national organization serving the fields of health services and policy research and the professionals who produce and use this important work. Together with our members, we offer programs and services that support the development and use of rigorous, relevant and timely evidence to increase the quality, accessibility, and value of health care, to reduce disparities, and to improve health.