AcademyHealth, the professional home for health services researchers and policy analysis, is currently seeking a Program Assistant to provide administrative and logistical support for AcademyHealth’s conferences and meetings. This person will assist the conferences team in such areas as speaker and awards management, abstract submissions, and conference logistics.
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated commitment to customer service, strong communication skills and is detail-oriented, highly organized, a team player and able to prioritize among competing deadlines. Early career professionals with a bachelor’s degree and some internship or other relevant administrative experience, particularly in an office setting, are encouraged to apply.
- Coordination of the conferences related awards programs, including preparation of promotional materials, collection of submissions and coordination of selection conference calls.
- Assist with speaker management activities for the Annual Research Meeting, Health Policy Orientation, National Health Policy Conference, Dissemination and Implementation Conference and Health Datapalooza, including tracking relevant activities/data in database, generating reports, setting up planning calls, and corresponding with speakers via telephone/email.
- Assist with the call for abstracts process, including scheduling abstract review calls, organizing score reports for review committees, and leading review calls. Coordinate and organize travel and honoraria for speakers.
- Provide administrative support for planning committee meetings and conference calls, including preparing and disseminating materials, drafting meeting minutes, and disseminating meeting summaries.
- Assist with conference wrap-up activities, including generating thank you letters, analyzing conference/meeting evaluations and organizing debriefing report.
- Assist Meeting Logistics Department with preparation of meeting request RFPs, meeting housing, on-site meeting registration and logistical support, and shipping coordination.
- Perform a wide range of administrative tasks, including copying, routine correspondence, editing documents, mailings, updating the database and other related tasks.
- Conduct other research and administrative activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- 1-2 years of administrative background/experience, preferably in an association or meeting planning setting.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with competing deadlines simultaneously; maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Highly self-motivated, detail-oriented individual able to work both independently and with a team.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Strong oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Must possess a can-do, positive, professional attitude.
- Problem-solver able to anticipate and solve problems independently.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with all internal and external clients.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), web-based applications and databases.
- Versatile self-starter with initiative, reliability, and resourcefulness; able to offer constructive ideas and apply practical expertise to contribute to the overall goals of the conferences team.
- Ability to work overtime occasionally and domestic travel to meetings is required for this position. Estimated travel: > 5 percent annually.
This is a Level 1 position. The salary range is $34,000- $36,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications: Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone numbers and emails) to Human Resources, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying.
AcademyHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer: AcademyHealth will provide all applicants for employment and all employees with an equal opportunity regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, or place of business or residence.