The AcademyHealth Board of Directors created the HSR Impact Award to recognize research that has had a significant impact on health and health care. The award, supported by AcademyHealth, is intended to identify and promote examples of outstanding research that has been successfully translated into health policy, management, or clinical practice in order to address cost, quality, access, equity and/or patient outcomes and the delivery of care. The HSR Impact Award recognizes translation and implementation and reflects our vision to improve health and health care through the application and use of evidence. For this reason, nominations may include individual efforts or full bodies of work. Nominations should include a description of the key team members and the role each played in the creation, dissemination and or implementation of the work. For example, a nomination might include the primary investigator, a user who championed change/implementation and/or the communications team that promoted the work.
The winning work will be promoted widely as part of AcademyHealth's ongoing efforts to raise the visibility of the field of health services research and communicate its value for health care decision-making. The award will be announced at the Annual Research Meeting and a team representative will receive complimentary registration, travel, and lodging for one night to the conference in order to accept the award.
We are no longer accepting nominations for the HSR Impact Award.
- Research may be published or unpublished, a single study or a body of work, the work of an individual or a team.
- The time frame for when the research was conducted is open.
- The letter of recommendation should be from a user of research, not necessarily the nominator, however, they can be the same person
- Self-nominations will be accepted.
Each nomination will be evaluated on:
- Quality of research;
- Effectiveness of research dissemination and translation approach; and
- Evidence of impact on health and/or health care.
Nomination must include:
- A summary describing the research used, the translation approach, and the impact on policy and/or practice (no more than 500 words; do not include charts, appendices, or attachments);
- A letter from the principal user of this research specifically describing the impact of the research on policy and/or practice (no more than 500 words; only one letter is permitted)
For awards related questions, please contact Troi Jones.