The Distinguished Career Award is AcademyHealth’s highest career award, recognizing leaders who have made significant and lasting contributions to the field of health services research through advancement of science and methods, leadership, mentorship, scholarship and teaching, and the application of health services and policy evidence to improve health and health care. Recipients are established leaders in the field, and may reflect expertise and impact across multiple sectors (e.g. academic, government, delivery systems, industry), and disciplines. The award will be presented at the Annual Research Meeting and the winner will receive complimentary registration and lodging for one night at the conference.
We are no longer accepting nominations for the Distinguished Career Award.
Eligibility and Nomination Criteria
- Nominations must include one letter of nomination
- Nominations must include a curriculum vitae
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominees must be members of AcademyHealth.
- Contributions to HSR
- Advancement of Science and Methods
- Demonstrable Impact or Legacy
For awards related questions, please contact Troi Jones.