Social distancing guidelines stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic have dramatically altered the way in which communities convene and meetings are conducted.
Recognizing the importance of this event for the growing D&I community, both AcademyHealth and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) are regularly assessing the situation and will be ready to convene the community in a safe and responsible manner — in-person in Washington, D.C. or virtually.
The abstract solicitation and conference structure have been designed to focus our thinking and discussion on the highest priorities for dissemination and implementation science now and in the future to help optimize health and health care in the US and elsewhere.
Given the breadth of the field and the importance of maximizing opportunities for participants to follow consistent themes throughout the concurrent sessions of the meeting, we are including nine thematic tracks to organize the conference agenda.
2020 Conference Theme:
Dissemination and Implementation Science in a Dynamic, Diverse, and Interconnected World: Meeting the Urgent Challenges of our Time
- Submission Deadline: Closed
Abstracts are encouraged for three types of scientific sessions: Individual Oral presentations, Panel presentations, and Poster presentations. A select number of accepted posters may be invited to participate in a poster slam session as well. Priority will be given to abstracts that address the overall conference theme, fit well in one of the conference tracks, and present high-quality data to support abstract conclusions. Authors will be required to select a track for their abstract and must adhere to the format: Background, Methods, Findings, and Implications for D&I Research.
- Individual oral presentations
- Panel presentations
- Poster presentations
Areas of Focus:
- Behavioral Health
- Building the Future of D&I Science: Training, Infrastructure, and Emerging Research Areas
- Clinical Care Settings: Patient-Level Interventions
- Clinical Care Settings: System-Level Interventions
- Global Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Promoting Health Equity and Eliminating Disparities
- Health Policy Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Models, Measures, and Methods
- Prevention and Public Health
Note: Abstracts presenting results of empirical research should report completed studies or substantial interim results. Abstracts describing proposed or early stage studies are not encouraged. Abstracts will be reviewed and scored based on the following submission criteria, with preference being given to those that:
- Show relevance to D&I Science
- Focus on the conference theme and tracks
- Utilize rigorous and relevant research methods
- Present high quality data to support findings
- Adequately demonstrate how the study will advance the field