In support of patient participation at this year’s D&I Conference, we’ve made available a limited number of complimentary registrations and scholarships to help cover expenses for patients. We feel strongly that not only do patients greatly benefit from participating in the Science of D&I Conference, but the conference itself is greatly enhanced by the meaningful insights and perspectives from patients.
Submission Deadline: Monday, September 30, 2019
Do you qualify for a patient scholarship?
Applicants for the scholarship must be attending the D&I Conference primarily to represent patients/consumers and add a patient voice to the discussion. Preference will be given to activated and engaged patients who would be otherwise unable to participate in the absence of registration and/or travel support. Individuals employed as full-time consultants, or in any paid capacity for health technology (including startups), pharmaceutical or device manufacturers, health care delivery systems, and state or federal government agencies are unlikely to qualify.
Applicants will be evaluated based on a number of criteria including:
- Statement of interest (required with application)
- Prior experience in patient advocacy or engagement
- Participation in the D&I Conference in previous years (we aim to have a mix of new and returning participants)
- Potential for applicant to elevate underrepresented or minority communities
- Potential for applicant to diversify geographic representation at the conference