The AcademyHealth Board of Directors created the HSR Impact Award to recognize research that has had a significant impact on health and health care. The award, which is supported by AcademyHealth, is intended to identify and promote examples of outstanding research that have been successfully translated into health policy, management, or clinical practice.
AcademyHealth requests nominations of health services research that has made a positive impact on health policy and/or practice. The lead researcher of the winning impact will receive $2,000 and the research will be disseminated widely as part of AcademyHealth's ongoing efforts to promote the field of health services research and communicate its value for health care decision-making. The award will be announced at the National Health Policy Conference, and the winner will receive complimentary registration, travel, and lodging to the conference.
The HSR Impact Award will not be available for the 2017-2018 cycle. To receive notification of when the next cycle opens or if you have any questions, please contact please contact JulieAnn Rudolph or call 202.292.6790.
- Research may be published or unpublished, a single study or a body of work, the work of an individual or a team.
- Time frame for when the research was conducted is open, but the impact should have occurred recently.
- The letter of recommendation should be from a user of research, not necessarily the nominator, however, they can be the same person
- Nominators are required to be members of AcademyHealth. Self-nominations will be accepted.
Each nomination will be evaluated on:
- Quality of research;
- Effectiveness of research dissemination and translation approach; and
- Impact of the research