|6:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
|6:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
|8:00 a.m. – 8:10 a.m.
- Niall Brennan (Chair), Former Director and Chief Data Officer, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Amy Compton-Phillips (Co-Chair), Executive Vice President and Chief Clinical Officer, Providence St. Joseph Health
|8:10 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Introductory remarks by Lisa Simpson, President and CEO, AcademyHealth
- Tom Price, Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
|8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
What’s Next in Healthcare Delivery Systems?
- Moderator: Susan Dentzer, President and CEO, The Network for Excellence in Health Innovation (NEHI)
- Sachin Jain, CEO, CareMore
- Josh Rosenthal, Co-Founder and CSO, RowdMap
- Jaewon Ryu, EVP and CMO, Geisinger Health System
|9:00 a.m. – 9:10 a.m.
- Congressman Michael C. Burgess, M.D. (R-TX)
|9:10 a.m. – 9:40 a.m.
How Social Media Will Democratize Healthcare
- Moderator: Mandi Bishop, Chief Evangelist and Co-Founder, Aloha Health Inc.
- Amy Edgar, Founder, Children's Integrated Center for Success
- Casey Quinlan, Precision Medicine Advocate, Cure Forward
- Justin Smith, Pediatrician, Cook Children's Health Care System
- Audun Utengen, Co-founder, Symplur, LLC
|9:40 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
The Empowered Patient
- Elizabeth Cohen, Sr. Medical Correspondent, CNN's Health, Wellness and Medical Unit
|10:00 a.m. – 10:10 a.m.
HIPAA- Providing a Trust Foundation for Health Data Exchange
- Roger Severino, Director, Office for Civil Rights (OCR), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
|10:10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
|10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Consumer Directed Medications Data Exchange With Multiple Providers
- Moderator: Judah Thornewill, The CARIN Alliance, Leavitt Partners, and University of Louisville
- Sean Karbowlcz, MedSavvy, Cambia Health
- Vik Kheterpal, CareEvolution, Inc.
- Charles Lee, Meducation
- Virginia Lorenzi, New York Presbyterian
- Eric Schnelder, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Ahmad Sharif, Fresenius Kidney Care
2. Navigating Cost Transparency - Don't Go It Alone!
- Moderator: Elizabeth Mitchell, Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement Organization (NRHI)
- Craig Brammer, The Health Collaborative
- Mary Jo Condon, St. Louis Area Business Health Coalition
- Cecilia Ganduglia Cazaban, University of Texas School of Public Health
- Jonathan Mathieu, Center for Improving Value in Health Care
3. The Public-Private Partnership for Practical Trust for APIs
- Moderator: Lori Pettebone-Maatta, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Lana Moriaty, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Kim Nazi, Veterans Health Administration
- Mark Scrimshire, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Aaron Seib, National Association for Trusted Exchange (NATE)
4. Innovations in Data Sharing
- Moderator: Abdul Shaikh, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Steven Cohen, RTI International
- John Cuddeback, American Medical Group Association (AMGA)
- Patricia Lloyd, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - National Center for Health Statistics (CDC-NCHS)
- Phillip Payne, Washington University in St. Louis, School of Medicine
- David Vivero, Amino
5. Genomic Data Movement throughout the Health System
- Moderator: Mary Grealy, Healthcare Leadership Council (HLC)
- Henry Dunnenberger, NorthShore University Health System
- Emma Huang, Janssen R&D
- Keith Stewart, Mayo Clinic
6. Using Data to Drive Hospital Performance
- Moderator: Aditi Mallick, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Co- Moderator: Tim Kelsey, Australian Digital Health Agency
- Ran Balicer, Clalit Health Services
- Chris Bates, The Phoenix Partnership (TPP)
- Andre Dias, International Consortium for Health Outcomes Measurement (ICHOM)
- Abraham Israeli, Ministry of Health
|11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|12:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
||Network Luncheon and Presentations
|12:15 p.m. – 12:20 p.m.
The Healthy Behavio(u)r Data Challenge
- Dr. Siddika Mithani, President, Public Health Agency of Canada
- Donald Wright, Acting Assistant Secretary for Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
|12:20 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
Patients as Co-Pilots: Elevating Their Voices in Healthcare
- Moderator: Charles Ornstein, Sr. Reporter, ProPublica
- Hugo Campos, ePatient Advisor, Stanford Medicine X
- Dana Lewis, Algorithm Developer/Consultant, Lewis & Leibrand, LLC
- Brian Loew, CEO, Inspire
|12:50 p.m. – 1:05 p.m.
Health Data Liberator Award
- Introductory remarks by Todd Park, Former White House Technology Advisor
- Presented by Fred Trotter, CTO, CareSet Systems
|1:05 p.m. – 1:20 p.m.
- Emceed by Matt Butner, Stride Health
- Adam Moody, RowdMap
- Abdul Shaikh, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- William A. Moore, HealthCost.com
|1:20 p.m. – 1:40 p.m.
- Moderator: Melinda Beck, Columnist, The Wall Street Journal
- Marcia Tal, CEO, Tal Solutions, LLC
- Amy Tenderich, Diabetes & Patient Advocacy, DiabetesMine
- Owen Tripp, Co-Founder and CEO, Grand Rounds, Inc.
|1:40 p.m. – 1:55 p.m.
Building a Sustainable Healthcare System
- Philip Bredesen, Former Governor, Tennessee; Founder and Former CEO, HealthAmerica
|1:55 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.
Saudi Healthcare Transformation
- Dr. Tawfig Alrabiah, Minister of Health, Saudi Arabia
|2:10 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
NEJM SPRINT Challenge Winner Demo: Personalizing Clinical Trial Data
- Presented by Ran Balicer, Director, Clalit Research Institute
|2:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
|2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Medicaid Innovations and Delivery System Reform
- Moderator: Enrique Martinez-Vidal, AcademyHealth
- William Golden, Arkansas Department of Human Services, Division of Medical Services
- Marlo Harris, General Dynamics Health Solutions
- Kristin Paulson, Center for Improving Value in Health Care
- Kimberly Proctor, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
2. Tearing Down the Tower of Babel in Outcome Measures
- Moderator: Elise Berliner, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Patricia Franklin, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Richard Gliklich, OM1
- Paul Wallace, AcademyHealth
3. Broadening Access to Research Data in the Rehabilitation and Disability Fields
- Moderator: James Graham, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Jonathan Bean, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System
- Alison Cernich, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Addie Middleton, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Amy Pienta, University of Michigan
4. Real-World Data Tour
- Moderator: Amy Compton-Phillips, Providence St. Joseph Health
- Michelle De Mooy, Center for Democracy and Technology
- Stacy Elmer, Kaiser Permanente
- Shereef Elnahal, Veterans Health Administration
- Joshua Mann, SHARE For Cures
- David Muhlestein, Leavitt Partners
5. Using Novel Data and Data Sources to Innovate in Public Health Surveillance
- Moderator: Tim Kelsey, Australian Government, Australian Digital Health Agency
- Liz Drake, Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Kurt Greenlund, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Gayatri Javaraman, Public Health Agency of Canada's Centre for Immunization and Respiratory Infections
- Shahab Shahnazari, MaRS Discovery District
- Machell Town, U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
6. The Role of Cognitive and AI Technologies in the Digital Health Transformation
- Moderator: Irene Dankwa-Mullan, University of Virginia and IBM Watson Health
- Amar Das, IBM Watson Health
- Jose Morey, NASA iTech and IBM Watson Health
- Jane Snowdon, IBM Watson Health
7. Engaging the Community of Consumers and Patients: An Open Dialogue
- Moderator: Melinda Beck, The Wall Street Journal
- Elizabeth Cohen, CNN's Health, Wellness and Medical Unit
- Ian Kalin, eHealth Inc.
- Marcia Tal, Tal Solutions, LLC
- Amy Tenderich, DiabetesMine
- Owen Tripp, Ground Rounds
|4:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
|4:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Innovations in Consumer Engagement
- Moderator: Hank Fanberg, CHRISTUS Health
- Mary Ray, MyHealthTeams
- Mellanie True Hills, StopAfib.org
- Geeta Wilson, Humana
- Kathleen Zook, Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC)
2. National Implementations of Patient-Facing mHealth Applications
- Moderator: Lisa Simpson, AcademyHealth
- Hervé Barge, Agence Nationale eSanté Luxembourg
- Bettina Experton, Humetrix, Inc.
- Tim Kelsey, Australian Government, Australian Digital Health Agency
- Claudine Richon, L'association le LIEN, France
- Emma Rourke, Office for National Statistics
3. Predictive Analytics in Health Care
- Moderator: Ravi Parikh, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Yin Aphinyanaphongs, NYU Langone Medical Center
- Matt Hoffman, Utah Health Information Network
- Mark Mantarro, Analytics Partners
- Craig Monsen, Atrius Health
- Emily Schwartz, Tabula Rasa HealthCare
4. Health Systems Reaching Out to Patients and Providers
5. Healthcare StartUp Entrepreneur Expo
- Moderator: Bryan Sivak, RS Partners
- Lois Hall, Health Cost Matters
- Jonathan Hare, WebShield
- Justin W. Lanning, 180 Health Partners
- William A. Moore, Healthcost.com
- Damon Ramsey, InputHealth
- Thomas Tsang, Valerahealth
6. Digital Health, Innovation, and Security
- Moderator: Stanley Crosley, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Katie Farrington, Department of Health
- Dr. Jesse Ehrenfeld, American Medical Association (AMA)
- Aaron Miri, Imprivata
- Debi Willis, PatientLink Enterprises, Inc
|5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.