Lauren Adams, M.A., is director of communications and public relations at AcademyHealth, where she oversees pu... Read Bio
This introductory seminar developed with support from the National Library of Medicine reviews data visualization use in communicating research, different approaches, and best practices.
Developed with graduate students and junior investigators in mind, this seminar explores the data visualization field and provides an overview of resources for public health and health services researchers to use in their work.
Mad*Pow’s Chris Hass will review key concepts in design thinking, techniques and approaches to data visualization, and resources for more information; AcademyHealth’s Lauren Adams will provide an overview of AcademyHealth’s approaches to data visualization, including dissemination strategies; Lorin Bruckner of UNC Chapel Hill will offer tools and techniques to approaching data visualization, with examples of data visualization in practice at UNC. The webinar will be facilitated by AcademyHealth’s Dr. Margo Edmunds, with opening remarks and introductions by Lisa Lang of the National Library of Medicine.
This webinar is brought to you by AcademyHealth through the HSRProj program. HSRProj is a joint effort of AcademyHealth and the Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, funded by the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to use visualization tools to communicate your research to various audiences;
- Learn from experts in the field on different approaches to translating your research; and
- Learn how to use data visualizations to disseminate your research findings.
Watch Webinar Online
How did we do? Please complete this short evaluation on the webinar.
Lorin Bruckner is a Data Visualization Librarian at UNC Chapel Hill. While assisting researchers at the Univer... Read Bio
As Vice President for Evidence Generation and Translation, Dr. Margo Edmunds leads AcademyHealth's portfolios ... Read Bio
Chris is a Sr. VP of Experience Design at Mad*Pow. He helped to establish Mad*Pow’s Boston office and UX resea... Read Bio
Lisa Lang, M.P.P., is Assistant Director for Health Services Research Information at the National Library of M... Read Bio
- Hass, C. & Edmunds, M. Understanding usability and user-centered design principles. In M. Edmunds, C. Hass, & E. Holve (Eds.), Consumer Informatics and Digital Health: Solutions for Health and Health Care. Springer, 2019 (in press). E-Book ahead of print expected Oct. 2018.
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM). Data Visualization Resources and Inspiration. https://nnlm.gov/data/data-visualization
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Content Strategy Basics. https://www.usability.gov/what-and-why/content-strategy.html
- Tableau Academic
- Canva Infographics
- Learn Data Viz