Promote and support the development of health services research that focuses on nursing practice, workforce, and delivery of care.
- Increase the involvement of health services researchers and the use of health services research methods in the investigation of issues relevant to nursing and the patients for whom they provide care.
- Promote interdisciplinary collaboration between nurses and other health services researchers.
- Support and foster the development of new and current nurse health services researchers.
- Disseminate and promote health services research related to nursing practice, workforce, and delivery of care.
2018-19 Interdisciplinary Research Group on Nursing Issues Call for Nominations
The Interdisciplinary Research Group on Nursing Issues focuses on: Influencing the development of scientific health services research knowledge relevant to nursing practice and education; Building a community of interdisciplinary individuals interested in advancing health services research issues (such as practice, education, and others) that are important to nurses; and Facilitating the development of nurses and other in the conduct of health services research and the use of health services research methods.
Open IRGNI Advisory Committee positions:The Interdisciplinary Research Group on Nursing Issues (IRGNI) is seeking individuals to fill 5 positions on its Advisory Committee. The current IRGNI Advisory Committee encourages its members to nominate themselves or a colleague for an open position. Each position is a two-year appointment and individuals elected to these positions will begin their term on September 1, 2018.
- Communications Liasion: Coordinates all IRGNI specific postings on the IRGNI listserv. Helps draft correspondence to the IRGNI membership. Utilizes social media on behalf of IRGNI as appropriate.
- Members-at-large (2): The At-Large Board Members form the Nominating Committee and oversee the annual nominations and elections process. These individuals also provide ad hoc leadership for special projects or needs and participates in the annual meeting planning.
- Secretary: The Secretary takes roll call and minutes of the Advisory Committee monthly conference calls and the IRGNI ARM business meeting; provides a copy of the minutes to AcademyHealth staff.
- Vice Chair: Supports the current chair in all efforts in executing the annual IG strategy. The vice chair serves as chair if the chair is unable to attend the monthly or annual meetings. The vice chair drafts the monthly conference call agenda and submits to the chair for final approval and distribution. Along with the chair, leads the IG’s ARM meeting planning, including the coordination of speakers and activities. The vice chair also leads the abstract review committee and selects abstracts for the IG’s ARM meeting in conjunction with the chair.
- Memberships to AcademyHealth and IRGNI
- Willing to serve a two-year term
- Able to commit to monthly Advisory Committee phone-calls
Nomination Deadline: July 20, 2018
An online election process will take place following the nomination deadline.
IRGNI New Investigator Profiles
To support and foster the development of new nurse health services researchers, the Interdisciplinary Research Group on Nursing Issues (IRGNI) is developing the New Investigator Profile. Each month, IRGNI will provide an opportunity for new scholars (doctoral students and those within five years of completing their terminal degree) to promote and share their work with IRGNI and AcademyHealth researchers.
Please consider nominating yourself, a colleague, or a student for a New Investigator Profile. Submissions should include: the individual’s name and credentials; a short discussion of a recent publication or presentation; a brief 3-4 sentence biography; and a headshot. Links to professional websites, social media accounts, or my.academyhealth.org profile can also be included. Nominees must be a member of IRGNI.
Please submit materials or any questions to Hilary Barnes, IRGNI communications liaison: [email protected].
Nominations will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Join This Interest Group
Interest group participation is a benefit of AcademyHealth membership. Nonmembers can join the IG mailing list to receive updates and event announcements.
Connect with us! #AHirgni