June 24, 2017 ǀ New Orleans ǀ 9:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
The PHSR IG Annual Meeting is intended for the display of the most rigorous science. The IG welcomes research that investigates the linkage between public health system inputs and population health outcomes and/or that demonstrates innovation in its methodological approach.
Call for Abstracts
The PHSR IG call for abstracts is now closed. In 2017, the IG is especially interested in papers that focus on the following:
- Research methods, including quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods techniques and new methods, for measuring the impact of public health systems and other factors on population health determinants and outcomes;
- The impact of collaboration between actors that influence population health, including governmental public health agencies, health care providers, insurers, purchasers, community based organizations, and non-health sectors;
- Research that evaluates the role of public health as a neutral convener among health-related community partners.
Submissions will undergo a blind peer review and will be evaluated by the following criteria:
- Quality and originality;
- Use of rigorous research methods;
- Policy relevance;
- Implications for practice;
- Clarity of writing and presentation;
- Completed or nearly completed research.
In choosing among the best abstracts we will also consider how the topics complement one another and provide an array of issues of interest to members.
Submission Deadline: January 27, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. E.T.
We encourage you to submit early to ensure prompt confirmation and processing.
Abstracts that are not selected for oral presentation may be selected for poster presentations. For more information about the call for abstracts, please visit the Interest Group tab on the ARM website or contact AcademyHealth, at [email protected].
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PHSR IG Business Meeting
New! This morning session is open to all PHSR IG Meeting registrants. Members will discuss challenges and opportunities facing the IG, including IG governance and funding for the field. An agenda is forthcoming.
ARM Call for Abstracts:
AcademyHealth believes the audience for work submitted to an IG is different from the audience at the main meeting, therefore welcomes you to submit your abstract to both calls. However, IG review committees will factor acceptance to the main ARM into their deliberations. An abstract that is accepted for podium presentation in the main ARM will not be permitted to have a podium presentation at an IG meeting but can be considered for an IG poster. Submissions to interest groups must be submitted separately to the specific IG. The deadline for submission to ARM is January 12, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. E.T.