Looking for a controversial viewpoint, and the 'What's Next' for data policies and innovation? Datapalooza sessions can challenge your assumptions, generate new connections, and facilitate engagement across diverse perspectives and topics. All Health Datapalooza attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Gain new knowledge on the use of health data to improve health outcomes.
- Learn about the newest, most innovative and effective uses of health data.
- Network with peers offering diverse voices and perspectives in the field.
What’s in It for You?
- Learn from data liberators about the new technologies and applications that are unleashing data to strengthen health and health care.
- Discover the innovations that are improving the performance of the health system.
- Share creative consumer facing technologies to help people lead healthier lives.
- Gain insight from leaders in the field on where challenges exist and where solutions are needed.
Hospital and Health Care Delivery Systems
- Learn how to use consumer health data to become more efficient and deliver better care.
- Explore ways to use data to both create and measure your value.
- Discover how leveraging data and analytics can address challenging issues such as value-based purchasing, payment reform, population health, and patient engagement.
- Learn how data sharing, use, and transparency are fueling innovation and business models that help re-define how we deliver and pay for health care.
- Learn how to leverage data to predict member outcomes and achieve financial sustainability in an environment with changing populations and dynamic payment models.
- Discover how to use publically available data and internal resources to effectively assess and manage risk, project loss, align providers, and incentivize care delivery.
- Explore innovations that are influencing practice patterns.
- Gain insight on how payers and providers, using data as a foundation, can work together to improve delivery of care.
- Hear from experts on how to design high-value, high-performing networks.
- Learn how access to new data and analytics can help inform health policy and decision-making.
- Gain insight to how innovations and new methods can spot gaps in the health system and offer solutions – to deliver better care and build healthier communities.
- Discover exciting ways in which publicly available information can be used to advance biomedical science and health care.
- Explore innovations that show how new knowledge can be derived from existing data sources to advance understanding of issues such as clinical trials, environmental exposures and neuroscience.
Law and Governance
- Discover the new ways in which consumer health data is being used to improve health and health care.
- Hear from the experts on how to balance a commitment to both data sharing as well as privacy and confidentiality for true transformation in health care.
- Learn about data security and privacy concerns in a new age of health information technology.
- Understand how information security is being built to protect health information.
- Gain insight into the compliance issues and regulations surrounding the use of health data.
Patients and Consumers
- Contribute your voice to a meeting designed and planned by patients for a discussion of health accessibility and consumer choice.
- Gain insight into how consumer data is being used to improve both access and quality of health care – and how to ensure your place in the discussion.
- Be involved in the big decisions to improve health and health care for all.
- Learn how you can leverage the increased volume, variety and velocity of data to inform your research.
- Accelerate your ability to use data from new sources by learning from innovative researchers in the field.
- Meet with fellow researchers tackling some of the biggest challenges in health care – from electronic clinical quality measures to system science to predictive analytics.
- Discover the new technologies and innovations that are making health research more efficient and effective.
- Be among the first to gain access to new data releases and connect with others who are turning data into meaningful tools.
Who Will You Meet at Health Datapalooza?
Health Datapalooza draws a diverse range of public, private, health care, technology, academic and non-profit industries. Your days will be spent growing your network, building relationships with prospective collaborators and learning from experts with real world experience using data to improve health and health care.