Please note: Submissions are no longer being accepted.
The AcademyHealth National Health Policy Conference (NHPC) brings together health care decision-makers, advocates, consumers, patients, researchers and leaders from the public and private sectors to discuss the health policy agenda for the year ahead in the context of the existing evidence base, its strengths and limitations.
The 2018 Call for Proposals is intended to give researchers, policymakers, policy and market analysts, and the professionals who connect them, an opportunity to provide timely examples of policy innovation, implementation and/or evaluation, emphasizing how evidence has been used or could be used in the years ahead to either inform, develop and/or evaluate federal and/or state policy. Importantly, policy is defined to encompass legislative, regulatory, administrative, or legal policy. Timely evidence at this time of significant uncertainty and upheaval in health policy is critical. Proposals are encouraged to include:
- A description of the policy innovation, implementation, or evaluation with special attention given to whether and how evidence and/or data was or could be used, and if not, why not; and
- How the proposed presentation relates to current policy debates and climate at either the state or federal level.
Proposals that describe lessons learned in policy development and implementation and help us understand how policy influences and/or changes healthcare systems, practices, and community level transformation are especially welcome. In addition, Policy Roundtables (see below) should reflect multiple points of view to maximize diversity of participants, perspectives and balance.
Submissions will be reviewed by members of the 2018 National Health Policy Conference Advisory Committee. Notifications will be sent in mid-November, and accepted presenters will be given a date by which to accept.
Proposals can be submitted to one of three session types.
- Policy Roundtable
- Rapid-Fire Presentation
Read more about each session type.
When submitting your proposal, please choose from the themes below.
- Federalism and State Innovation
- Health Care Coverage and Access
- Health Care Payment and Delivery System Reform
- Social Determinants and Population Health
- Consumerism, Transparency, and Choice
Read more about each theme.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out the answers to our most frequently asked questions.