Throughout the U.S., states and local governments are taking innovative steps using data to improve the health of their communities. To draw attention to these efforts, the Milbank Memorial Fund and AcademyHealth are recognizing an individual, team, or project that has developed or used data in order to achieve measurable impact on:
- Health of their populations;
- Responsiveness, efficiency and quality of public programs, and/or
- Overall performance of delivery systems in their community.
The recipient(s) of this inaugural award will be recognized on the main stage at the 2018 Health Datapalooza.
Nominations are now being accepted. Nominators may self-nominate or nominate an individual, team, or project.
Nominate Today >>
Nomination Deadline: March 6, 2018
Learn more about our partner, the Milbank Memorial Fund
Examples of efforts eligible for this award include, but are not limited to those that:
- Leveraged existing data, and/or new types of data, to improve population health and outcomes, improve access or reduce costs;
- Made significant improvements or investments in their data infrastructure and/or data analytics capabilities to inform and measurably improve public programs, including interoperability of data systems and use of standardized measures;
- Established successful multi-sector data partnerships to identify and address population needs and/or health disparities;
- Partnered with other entities (either public or private) to use data to drive program and health improvements;
- Developed innovative data uses to communicate health improvement efforts to consumers and community organizations; or
- Advanced innovative policy approaches to data governance, privacy and/or security.
How are Nominations Judged?
A committee will review each submission against the following criteria:
- Demonstrated innovation in overcoming traditional public sector barriers and challenges to leveraging data for policy and programs;
- Measurable impact on specific metrics of population health;
- Sustainability of effort and likely future impact on policy and programs; and
- Potential to scale and/or replicate in other sectors and/or states/localities.
About the Milbank Memorial Fund
The Milbank Memorial Fund is an endowed operating foundation that works to improve the health of populations by connecting leaders and decision makers with the best available evidence and experience. Founded in 1905, the Fund engages in nonpartisan analysis, collaboration, and communication on significant issues in health policy. It does this work by publishing high-quality, evidence-based reports, books, and The Milbank Quarterly, a peer-reviewed journal of population health and health policy; convening state health policy decision makers on issues they identify as important to population health; and building communities of health policymakers to enhance their effectiveness. www.milbank.org.