We are no longer accepting abstract submissions for the 2018 IG Pre-Conference sessions.
AcademyHealth’s Interest Group (IG) Pre-Conference sessions (formerly Annual Interest Group Meetings) facilitate the interaction of individuals around specific topic areas related to health services research and health policy. Held Saturday, June 23, a day prior to the Annual Research Meeting (ARM), these pre-conference sessions offer researchers an opportunity to showcase their work in an intimate setting among their peers and subject matter experts.
What's New This Year?
“Best of IGs” session during the ARM
This year, we are selecting 4-6 of the top Interest Group abstract submissions for presentation at a special session titled "Best of IGs." This special session will be held during the Annual Research Meeting.
Participating Interest Groups
The following Interest Groups are accepting abstracts for their meetings. Please review the IG's submission criteria prior to submitting an abstract to an IG
- Behavioral Health Services Research Interest Group
- Child Health Services Research Interest Group
- Disability Research Interest Group
- Disparities Interest Group
- Global Health and Health Care Interest Group
- Health Economics Interest Group
- Health Information Technology Interest Group
- Health Workforce Interest Group
- Interdisciplinary Research Group on Nursing Issues
- Long-Term Services and Supports Interest Group
- Oral Health Interest Group
- Public Health Systems Research Interest Group
- Quality and Value Interest Group
- State Health Research and Policy Interest Group
- Surgical and Perioperative Care Interest Group
- Translation and Communications Interest Group
Submitting to Both the ARM and IG Sessions?
AcademyHealth believes the audience for research submitted to a pre-conference IG is different from the audience at the main meeting, and therefore welcomes you to submit your abstract to both calls. However, IG review committees will factor acceptance to the main ARM into their deliberations. The exact same abstract cannot be presented in a podium presentation at both the IG pre-conference meeting and the ARM. Should an abstract be submitted for both, the committee may consider the presentation for the poster program. Substantively different results from the same project/same authors can be presented in both venues. Submissions to interest groups must be submitted separately to the specific IG.